We are looking for a Linux System Developer to join our growing team of developers.
Unwired Networks develops and operates a hotspot management system in Austria, Germany and Switzerland with several thousand hotspots. The main fields of application are public transport as well as outdoor WiFi installations in tourist regions and ski resorts.
You will develop the software that runs thousands of our centrally managed hotspots and routers.
Your daily tasks:
- Releasing new versions of OpenWRT-based Linux firmware
- Focusing on network-oriented features (e.g. multi-uplink load balancing) and operative streamlining (self-healing, monitoring), right at the center of an ecosystem with many open source projects
- Deploying LXC containers with complex network stacks in hotspot and router hardware
- Integration into a large cloud deployment (Kubernetes with Google Cloud)
- Getting in touch with many different technologies
As a team we are responsible for the development of new cloud stacks, customer-oriented websites and the tools required for the company’s use of WiFi.
What you will do:
- Join our team and develop new networking features for our firmware
- Integrate new firmware features into our centralized cloud management
- Improve the operative simplicity of our cloud solution (enhanced tests, monitoring/metrics)
- Write and run tests regularly
- Ship new features regularly
- Participate in the company’s product decision-making process
- Work with a variety of modern technologies
What we expect from a Senior Developer:
- Experience in C and system-level shell development
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in software development or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Interest in new technologies and developments
- Bonus qualifications:
- Interest in Linux
- Completed projects in one of these areas: OpenWRT, open source, Linux networking
- Know-how in related topics such as drivers, embedded or system development
- Experience with various cloud and CI/CD services
Please apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
Top reasons to work for Unwired Networks:
- Relaxed and open working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work possible (depending on project requirements)
- Open corporate culture with a start-up mentality
- MacBook and business smartphone
- Fresh fruit and hot coffee
- Good accessibility with public transport (U4/U2, 1010 Vienna)
- We are always open to new ideas and enjoy learning from each other
Unwired offers a full-time (38.5 hours/week) or part-time position (30+ hours/week) for this job. The employment is based on the Austrian IT collective bargaining agreement, task group ST2 (Senior Developer). The salary as well as a potential overpayment depend on your qualification and professional experience.
Please send your application to Svenja Mensing at email@example.com.