We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer (m/f/x) to join our growing team!
Unwired Networks develops and operates a large network of public WiFi access points in skiing areas, trains and for tourism within Europe.
You will develop the software stack behind thousands of cloud-managed WiFi access points and routers. Your daily development tasks will include:
- Backend development with bleeding edge technologies
- Working within a cloud deployment (kubernetes on Google Cloud)
- Get in touch with various technologies
As a team we are responsible for developing the cloud stack, user-facing websites and tools for the company’s WiFi deployment.
You do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly in order to apply. We are also looking for experienced developers from different areas interested in contributing their experience to our team.
What you will do:
- Develop complex mixed-technology tech-stacks (golang/python/nodejs, GraphQL, Kubernetes/Docker)
- Development of web- and micro-services with APIs for our frontend and external services
- Write and run tests routinely
- Ship new features regularly
- Join the company’s future product decision making process
- Work with a range of bleeding-edge technologies
What we expect from a Senior Developer:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in software engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years software engineering experience
- Interested in new technologies
- Bonus qualifications:
- Completed past projects with any one of: golang, nodejs/Apollo, Python, BigQuery
- Knowledge in related disciplines such as networks and devops
- Experience with various cloud services and specifically Kubernetes
Top reasons to work for Unwired Networks:
- Great team happily getting projects done successfully
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work possible (depending on project/business requirements)
- Supporting and fun atmosphere
- Multi-disciplinary engineering in an agile environment
- Macbook or Linux laptop of your choice and smart phone with service contract
- Fresh fruits and drinks in our office at your disposal
- Central office location well connected by public transport (U4/U2, 1010 Vienna)
- We are always open to support new ideas and learn from everybody on the team
Unwired offers a full-time (38.5h) position. The employment conforms to the rules under task group ST2 in the Austrian IT collective bargaining agreement. Unwired offers competitive compensation, and especially overpayment on top of ST2’s minimum salary, depending on previous work experience. An estimated salary range for this position is between 52k and 63k EUR per year.
Please send your application directly to: